Generasi Bisa Bali
Generasi Bisa (Gerasa) is an Indonesian Non-profit organization that helps victims of drug abuse, sexual abuse, to recover and return as a productive member of the community. Gerasa's main programs are:
Prevention Programs (Counseling, Campaign, Communication, Education and Information / KIE)
Gerasa House Countermeasures program (After Care, Community Development)
Completion Program (Skills Training and Social Enterprise)
Support and strengthening related to HIV issues
Reaching out, Accompanying and Supporting PLHIV (People living with HIV) who are able to accept and reconcile with their status and love themselves with healthy living and therapy
Number of people living with HIV back to live in society and powerless
The formation of Community Support Groups of PLWHA (Peer Support) regularly meets to strengthen each other and explore the truth
Strengthening visit to the home of PLHIV and PLWHA.
Empowerment of each assisted servant through skills training and entrepreneurship to be self-sufficient and have a viable economy. Each recipient has the skill set to be able to work (woman and children included). The end result being:
Persons who experience the transformation of life both physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and back to life powerless in society in general.
Multiplying soul and new leader
Community of truth discoverers
Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation for Drug Abuse
Receiving and implementing recovery for an addicts and drug abusers
Providing counseling services and provision of drug related information
Having MOU (Memory Of Understanding) either with BNN, BNNP Bali and BNNK Denpasar related to Drug / Drug prevention and prevention program.
Have a good network with government institutions as well as with NGOs as well as with the general public related drug prevention and prevention programs related to Drugs / Drugs.
Be the Coordinator and Secretariat for IKAI (Association of Indonesian Adiction Counselors) Bali Province.
Establishment of former Community Addicts and other drug addicts / Narcotics (Narcotics, Psychotropics and other Addictive Substances) that have been restored.
Former addicts who have recovered and returned to power in the community and work in government institutions and non-governmental organizations related to drug abuse prevention.
The existence of Community Support Group schedule of former drug addicts and Drug Users who regularly meet to strengthen each other and explore the truth.
Establishment of Community Support for families of former addicts and drug abusers.
PEACE GENERATION BALI
Peace Generation; the young generation-movement based on the 12 values of peace aimed at forming the next generation with the character of truth, peace, harmony, unity & tolerance. Peace Generation has been transformed (recently) into Peacemakers of Indonesia Society (PIS). We believe this is a great vision from God that has been entrusted to the team (PIS), to disciple our nation even to the gentiles. In the midst of our nation fighting against social issues such as intolerance and radicalism, drug addiction, homosexuality, free sex/sexual exploitation, youth’s crime, etc. We realize that it takes natural, polite approaches and applicable methods to do so and ‘PEACE’ represent them all, bridging all walks of life; beliefs, ethics, social class, community/institutions, families and even individual (as we claim our slogan to be ‘Peace Starts with Me’). Therefore, through the 12 value of peace applied contextually, we believe that together we can make revolution for our nation through ‘Peace lifestyle’ as the character of Christ Himself (Prince of Peace).
The 12 Values of Peace
Being at Peace
1. Accepting myself Every person is a creation of God and is of great value, each of us having our own personal strengths and weaknesses.
2. Prejudice Don't base your feelings of someone on their appearance and or group (nationality, race, religion, etc.). Value people based on who they actually are (ie. Get to know them!).
BARRIES TO PEACE
3. Ethnic Diversity Stay away from the tendency to have negative assumptions or prejudices towards other ethnic groups and try to understand and enjoy the differences
4. Different Religions Differences in religion should be dealt with peacefully and with mutual respect, sharing ideas in a real, honest way.
5. Gender Differences Respect and value people of the other gender in order to build relationships that are healthy and appropriate.
6. Economic Status Richness or poorness does not determine the value of a person. We must treat everyone with equal respect and be careful not to fall into the temptation to do otherwise.
7. Groups & Gang Gangs or exclusive groups hurt our friendships and can lead to many adverse consequences.
WAYS TO PROMOTE PEACE
8. Beauty of Diversity God is the All-Creative One who has shown His creativity in this world.
9. Conflict Conflict is guaranteed to happen. Our response is what determines the outcome, resulting in either a broken relationship or us growing in maturity.
10. Rejecting Violence Violence cannot solve conflicts, in fact, it just results in more pain and violence.
11. Admitting Mistakes Admitting you were wrong is the beginning of the end of a problem.
12. Forgiving Others Forgiveness is a decision and it opens the way of peace.
WOMEN & CHILDREN SERVICES
Women and Children servoces division, divided into three (3) sub divisions namely; PERMATA (issues related to women, Health Care, Home Visit, Meeting), SINGLE MOM (issues related to single women affected by HIV & AIDS and domestic violence), Safe House (issues related to children in conflict with the law (ABH) both victims, witnesses and perpetrators)
Perempuan Berharga di Mata Allah (PERMATA)
Programs aimed at assisting and contributing to the issues and issues related to women and girls who are victims of trafficking in sex and violence.
Programs aimed at assisting and contributing to issues and issues related to single mothers affected by HIV & AIDS or who are victims of domestic violence.
One place that has maintenance and recovery program activities aimed at children with legal problems. Program activities include the need for recovery both Physical, mental, emotional, educational, skills, Spiritual as well as character formation.
GET IN TOUCH
We have a memorandum of understanding with the Bali Provincial National Narcotics Agency regarding recovery issues for drug dependence.
She is Safe
She is Safe has been Gerasa's partner since 2011. They provided support, and donate to the implementation of operational services related to women's issues.
Entrust has been Gerasa's partner since 2016. They provide support and donors for operational implementation related to issues of neglected children, children in conflict with the law, and trafficking victims
Next Step has been Gerasa's partner since 2017. They provide support and donors for the implementation of social enterprise operations to empower women in sewing production activities.
The Ministry of Social Affairs
The Ministry of Social Affairs has been Gerasa's partner since 2010. They provide support and donors for operational implementation on issues of children in conflict with the law.
True Story has been Gerasa's partner since December 2017. They give jobs to single moms from fragile backgrounds.
The provincial health office of Bali
The provincial health office of Bali is our partner in implementation of programs related to HIV and AIDS issues